Women's Preconference Workshop:
WORDs Matter – How the Women of Rubber Division can Connect, Collaborate & Communicate with Confidence
October 7, 2019; 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
This workshop is specifically designed for the women of rubber and will be an interactive session with substance and humor that will provide steps you can begin to implement, as well as longer-term areas of focus to help you reach your next level of excellence. The workshop will include a panel discussion and will also address the challenges and opportunities of women working in our industry. It will conclude with an opportunity to network and empower one another during a wine and cheese reception from 5-6pm.
The ability to influence others is a fundamental leadership skill. You have far more control over the perception you create when you embrace your most empowered you. A communication expert, Leslie Ungar, will facilitate this workshop. Click here to learn all about Leslie.
• Establish credibility and influence regardless of your title
• Communicate with confidence in all scenarios
• Identify questions as a way to stand out in any setting
• Uncover communications styles that negatively impact your success
• Powerful presence begins with the 3-W test
Participants in the Panel Discussion:
• Christine Domer; General Manager - Akron Laboratories, Smithers
• Kim Dempsy-Miller; Chemist, Pilot Products
• Terry DeLapa; Business Leader - North America, Alpha Technologies
• Tina Darnell; Technical Sales Manager, Struktol Company of America
• Krista Toutant; Business Development Manager - Performance Polymers,
RDAbbott Company, Inc.
Member - $250
Non-member - $300
Smithers Materials Science and Engineering has been serving the rubber, plastics, print, and packaging industries for nearly 100 years, providing a complete portfolio of testing and consulting services from the product development stage to the ultimate service environment. Our experts have years of experience designing and conducting customized and standard testing protocols to measure the performance and durability of polymer and rubber materials and products. With laboratories in the United States, the United Kingdom, and China, the Materials Science and Engineering division provides integrated capabilities on a global scale, supporting industry sectors including tire, automotive, polymer products, oil and gas, medical device, pharmaceutical, transport, packaging, industrial, consumer products, packaging, paper, and print.